Thursday, October 22, 2009

Which Model Of Leadership: Peter Or Paul?

Leadership comes with a high price tag. In either case to pick from, both Peter and Paul’s model came through tremendous suffering, and hardship. If I had to pick one, I would pick Paul’s model. He seemed to have the intellectual capacity from his natural abilities that, when God saved him, were grafted into service for Christ. He tended to be an example of one who led without scandal. He led in such a way that he could say, in the words of the Holy Ghost, “Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.” Paul, indeed, was such a close disciple of Christ that you could say that as you were following Paul you were, in effect, following Jesus for they were “nose to tail” in the road to Glory. Paul led from principle and practiced what he preached, while Peter tended to be more failure driven. In other words, he had so many blunders from his “foot in mouth syndrome” that he led from learning from them. That is not bad, but Paul did not have many instances of that nature. Paul was leading remembering what he was before he was saved and what he had done previously to the church of God. I would like to follow Paul’s model, but I find myself being in a part of Peter’s model of leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment